The attorneys at the Tacoma law office of Rush, Hannula, Harkins & Kyler, L.L.P. help people from Bellevue to Puyallup and throughout Washington State who have been seriously injured in an automobile accident caused by another car, truck, or commercial vehicle, or who have lost a family member in a wrongful death caused by one of these collisions. The following links to resources may be helpful to victims of these accidents. For questions about your specific case, contact our attorneys today.
Washington Courts and Legal Resources
- Revised Code of Washington, Rules of the Road
- Washington State Courts
- United States District Court, Western District of Washington
- United States District Court, Eastern District of Washington
- United States Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
- United States Supreme Court
Motor Vehicle Accident Resources
- Washington Department of Transportation operates and improves the state's transportation system, including state roads, highways, bridges, and ferries.
- Washington Department of Licensing registers vehicles and vessels and licenses and regulates drivers, including processing accident reports and traffic citations, supplying driving records to appropriate entities, and providing information to law enforcement.
- The Office of the Insurance Commissioner oversees the conduct of the insurance industry in the state, including answering consumer questions and conducting investigations and recovering money for consumers based on customer complaints.
- AAA Foundation for Traffic Safety funds projects designed to discover the causes of traffic crashes, prevent accidents, and minimize injuries.
- Advocates for Highway Safety is an alliance of consumer groups, safety organizations, and insurance companies working to encourage the adoption of laws and programs at the state and federal levels to save lives and reduce injuries.
- American Motorcyclist Association advocates for motorcyclists' interests at the local, state, and national levels, and also provides state-specific information on motorcycle laws.
- Bureau of Transportation Studies is a statistical agency conducting data collection and analysis in all areas of transportation.
- Federal Motor Carrier Safety Administration is dedicated to preventing commercial motor vehicle-related fatalities and injuries through establishment and enforcement of safety regulations and standards.
- Insurance Institute for Highway Safety is a nonprofit research and communications organization funded by auto insurers, focusing on countermeasures aimed at preventing crashes and reducing losses.
- Kelley Blue Book is a leader in providing trusted information regarding new and used vehicles, which can be a valuable resource in estimating damage or replacement cost of a damaged vehicle.
- Motorcycle Industry Council is active in the areas of government relations and statistics regarding motorcycling and the U.S. motorcycle industry, representing manufacturers and distributors of motorcycle parts and accessories, and insurance companies, among others.
- Motorcycle Safety Foundation is a developer of a rider education and training system, and actively participates in government relations, safety research, and public awareness campaigns.
- National Center for Injury Prevention and Control is an arm of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention dedicated to preventing injuries and violence and reducing their consequences. Motor Vehicle Safety is one of the main priorities of the center.
- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration directs highway safety and consumer programs designed to help prevent crashes and their human and financial costs.
- National Safety Council saves lives by preventing injuries and deaths on the roads through leadership, research, education, and advocacy, targeting issues such as distracted driving teen driving.
- United States Department of Transportation provides a wealth of information and resources to drivers and travelers, including safety issues for highways and bridges, cars and buses, and more.