Washington Trucking Accident Attorneys
Where Wrongs Are Made Right
Many factors contribute to the complexity of trucking accidents—from obvious matters like driver negligence, to issues involving the trucking business. However, the predominant factors are generally those related to the physical characteristics of large commercial vehicles. Each Washington trucking accident attorney at Rush, Hannula, Harkins & Kyler, L.L.P. has the expertise to separate out these factors, uncover the causes behind these accidents, and help protect the rights of trucking accident victims to attain full and fair compensation.
Types of Trucking Accidents
Large trucks are particularly vulnerable to certain driving situations. The following are common types of trucking situations that can result in serious accidents with other vehicles on the road:
- Overloaded or imbalanced cargo. Heavy cargo naturally increases braking distance—and strains both brakes and tires. In addition, poorly loaded trailers or liquid cargo can shift while in transit, causing drivers to lose control.
- Difficult turns. Large trucks make wide turns, often requiring them to use more than one lane. This endangers nearby vehicles.
- Jackknifing. Sudden stops or sharp turns can cause the trailer to turn so sharply toward the cab—the front of the truck—that the vehicle cannot be controlled.
- Mountain driving. More than 3,000 Washington mountain peaks add significant risk to driving large commercial trucks in this state. Narrow, curved mountain roads can stress the brakes of any vehicles—but the length, weight, and configuration of trucks increase their vulnerability to brake failure and loss of control.
- Construction zones. Road construction areas require extra vigilance due to the need for sudden stops and unexpected road surface changes—which, in turn, is more difficult for trucks than for cars.
The additional risks of driving trucks impose greater responsibility on truck drivers and trucking companies, which are required to adhere to strict state and federal regulations designed to make roads safer for all drivers.
The personal injury attorneys at Washington law firm, Rush, Hannula, Harkins & Kyler, L.L.P., have an extensive knowledge of all such regulations. We have specialized investigative resources available to delve into the circumstances behind each accident, and develop the evidence needed to pursue cases effectively for our clients.
Seek Representation from an Experienced Trucking Accident Law Firm
It is important that you have an attorney who is experienced in handling collisions involving commercial vehicles—and dealing with trucking companies and their insurance carriers. The attorneys at the law firm of Rush, Hannula, Harkins & Kyler, L.L.P., possess an in-depth knowledge of the laws and regulations covering 18-wheelers and understand the steps necessary to obtain a fair recovery on behalf of our injured clients. If you or a loved one was harmed in a commercial vehicle accident, contact Rush, Hannula, Harkins & Kyler, L.L.P. for sound advice and effective representation.